05 February 2010

Days like this....

A few weeks ago I was driving to Temple to visit my dad in the VA hospital. My step-mom had already signed the papers to admit him into the hospice program. As I was driving and praying, I was reminded that God's faithfulness far exceeds anything that this world can offer. I've been praying for my dad for years, that he would fully commit to Christ. Now the time seemed even more desperate.


Funny thing: Dad didn't qualify for hospice! It wasn't a money issue, but a health issue. He wasn't sick enough! So they moved him to the Waco VA's long-term care facility.


Another funny (!) thing: I found out today that he is MUCH sicker than originally supposed. His doctor talked about making him comfortable in his last days. I've known this time was coming, and yet it still kinda caught me by surprise.


Let me go back to that previous statement: "God's faithfulness far exceeds anything this world has to offer." I know that God can work in my dad's spirit, and I know that God can provide a level of spiritual healing that no doctor can ever bring to Dad's body. That's what I'm praying for. And I want to ask each of you to pray also. If you want to pray for his healing, or relief from his constant pain, that's great. I'm asking that you join me in praying for my dad's eternal salvation. God is faithful, and I am trusting Him.

3 comments: