29 May 2013

See You at Camp!

As Senior Camp Evangelist I am looking forward to camp.  It wasn't long ago (or at least it doesn't seem that long ago) that I was a camper at youth camp.  Some of my best childhood memories are from camp.  My favorite memories since becoming an adult are of my Dad preaching and the Holy Spirit coming in such a mighty way that we were, in my Dad's words, "breathing the air of heaven".  I also remember as a teenager being glad on the rare occasion of Dad not being present at camp.  Dad has now gone on to heaven and I will never, ever again be glad that Dad is not at camp!  This will be one of those first for all of us.  Arthur Slye will not be present for a Bethel Methodist Youth Camp.  He will be missed.  But be of good cheer, God, the Holy Spirit shall be there!  Pray that the gospel will have free course!  These young people need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment